Appetite Delight Restaurant & Catering
3726 Oliver Road Vea Ella Gee
Timmonsville, SC 29161
Three Layer Strawberry Cake
- 1 (18.25 oz.) package white cake mix
- 1 (3-oz.) package strawberry gelatin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries 1/2 whipping cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat cake mix and next 7 ingredient at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat at medium speed 2 more minutes, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. (Strawberries should be well blended.)
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 23 minutes or until cakes spring back when pressed lightly with a finger. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and let cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Spread Strawberry Buttercream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
1 cup of fresh strawberries finely chopped
1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in a 1/2 cup of water 1/2 cup of sugar
Mix all together in a pan. Cook on low heat until it thickens
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Beat 1 cup butter, softened, at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy (about 20 seconds). Add 1 (32 oz.) package powered sugar and 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries: beat at low speed until creamy. (Add more sugar if frosting is too thin, or add more strawberries if too thick.)
5. Lastly, put some strawberry filling in between each layer, as you add in each on top of the other. Then cover cake with strawberry buttercream frosting on and around entire cake.