Doug the Food Guy shows Bob how to make his famous Chicken Tray Bake.
- 4 x 8oz chicken breast (or your favorite cut)
- 1.5lb new potatoes
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh thyme
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 or 3 fresh vegetables of your choice (carrots, squash, tomatoes, asparagus, etc)
- Wash and scrub potatoes well.
- Quarter the potatoes.
- Fill a stock pot with cold water. Add the potatoes and a large pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, then cook for around 10 minutes (depending on the size of your potatoes), or until they’re nearly done.
- Drain the potatoes over the sink into a colander. Steam dry for a couple of minutes, then add to a roasting tray.
- Scatter over the vegetables, dot over the butter and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roughly chop the fresh parsley and thyme. Zest the lemon onto the vegetables in the tray and toss well.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice over the chicken and vegetables, using your fingers to catch any seeds.
- Bake in the oven at 450F for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
Make this one your own by using whatever vegetables are in season.