Executive Chef Instructor Tom Mullally shows Bob a seared duck recipe.
Seared Duck Breast over Basmati Rice with Cranberry-Almond Cabernet Sauce, and fresh Vegetables
- Take two duck breasts and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a sauté pan with 2 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat and sear Duck Skin side down for about 2 minutes until duck skin is crispy, then flip duck onto other side for 2 minutes.
- Finish the duck in a 400-degree oven for 7-10 minutes until duck has an internal temperature of 130 degrees for a medium pink breast.
- Take a ½ cup of raw basmati rice and simmer in one cup of chicken stock over medium-low heat for about 25 minutes covered until rice is light and fluffy.
- Add 1 tbsp of whole butter and season taste with salt and pepper.