Blanche Weathers shows Bob how she makes her Shrimp Quiche.
Gruyere and Shrimp Quiche
by Blanche Weathers
- 1 unbaked 9” deep dish pie crust
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- Salt, pepper, dry mustard, Worcestershire, and hot sauce to taste.
Preheat oven 400 degrees. Cut shrimp into small pieces. Mix cheese and flour in a bowl. Spread ¾ of this cheese mixture in pie shell. Add shrimp to pie shell. Mix eggs, cream and all seasonings and pour over shrimp. Top with remaining cheese and bake 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake 40 minutes longer until pie sets. Let stand 10 minutes.