Val Criswell of Peck Away Cafe shows Bob how to assemble a cold plate with various Southern style cold salads.
Southern Salads Cold Plate
Your choice of cold salads. Options include pimento cheese, chicken salad, ham salad, shrimp salad, tuna salad. You can make your own or buy these at the deli.
Options include mini croissants, crackers, Hawaiian rolls, mini pita breads, & pita chips. Try to incorporate a gluten free option.
Fresh vegetable crudité with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping. Fresh fruit, deviled eggs, olives, pickled vegetables & cheese cubes.
Southern Salads Cold Plate is…
- Great to prepare ahead and spend time with your guests.
- Ideal for hot weather when guests are eating less and prefer a cold meal.
- Casual easy dining with familiar comfort foods that puts guests at ease.
Products used in demo:
- Dressed up Naked Chicken Salad (SC Real Foods – Florence, SC)
- Pimento Cheese Salad (SC Real Foods – Florence, SC)
- Homemade Ham Salad
- Deviled Eggs (SC Real Foods – Florence, SC)
- Homemade Pickles
- Crudité w/ Ranch Dressing (SC Real Foods – Florence, SC)
- Homemade Lemonade